Monday, September 10, 2012

Two More for The Roll

   There were two blogs that caught my attention while searching through numerous blogs. The first blog that caught my attention was Christina's Classroom.  This blog gave many good points based on how to get your students engaged in the classroom.  The blog gives good advice on how to keep your students wanting to learn.  By going on field trips to learn different cultures and actually experiencing these types of cultures first hand seemed to help the students grasp a concept of how different types of people lived.  The most important aspect that I learned from this blog was when I become a teacher to keep my students interested in what I am teaching.
IMG_0864

    The second blog that caught my attention was First Week of School.  This blog explained a situation in which a teacher had a student whom was blind.  I enjoyed reading this blog because it discusses the issues in which the teacher faced and how she had to adapt to having a student who could not see.  Instead of giving a simple thumbs up to a student or a smile to show a job well done, the teacher had to come in contact with the student.

  I know that when I become a teacher I will as well have situations like this one that I will, at first, struggle with.  However, I will not give up on the student.

6 comments:

  1. The blog about the encounter with the blind student interests me too. I feel like I will definitly run into situations like this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those blogs look very interesting. I'll have to look more into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blogs. i might have to look into them more while im at home because blogs that have to do with teaching and school could help me be successful in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's important that you chose these two blogs. Learning different ways to interact with a child who is blind will definitely be important when becoming a teacher. I'm anxious to check those blogs out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im glad a teacher shared that experience because we all are sure to encounter different situations like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both blogs were good, but I thought the one about the blind child was amazing! I'm happy you found that blog to share with the class and it can be very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete