Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Beliefs on Technology and Learning

                                  
My beliefs on technology and learning vary.  I do believe students learn through the use of technology.  However, technology should never be the center of a students learning.  It is good for students to experience how to use such technology such as computers because in time technology will be a big part of their everyday life.  The students in which I plain to teach range from the grades of k-4 and I do not think technology should be the center of their learning at such a young age. The students need to learn through hands on learning and expressing themselves not using technology every day.  I am not saying one can’t learn through technology, but it should not be the focus of everyday learning for the students.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you made some good points. I think that the younger students shouldnt have their lessons based on technology everyday, but don't you think we are already relying on technology now? and by the time we come to teach it will be a bigger part of our everyday lives. just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that younger students should be taught how to use technology but, we can't forget about the paper and pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Hope and I agree with Jordan. I absolutely agree that students that age should not be on the computers every day like you said Hope, but they should be familiar with it so when they get to the age that they should use it, they know a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the ages of k-4 should be expressing themselves hands on, however at that young age it's vital that they begin learning how to use technology because their minds are still like sponges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Students that young should be introduced to technology but it shouldn't be the center of their learning.

    ReplyDelete