Thursday, November 22, 2012

OER

While reading the articles on Open Educational Resources, also known as OER, I learned a lot. I found out that these resources are used in many ways. It is very easy to access the open educational resources from anywhere. There are 7 Things  one should know about OER'S, such as what is it, who's using it , and etc.  Open educational resources are resources that our available at little to no coast. These resources are used for teaching, learning, or even just research.  The resources available vary such as textbooks, quizzes, games, etc. All the resources are used to help improve ones education.

While exploring through the Open Educational Resources website I came across many informative topics/lessons. As a future educator I can use the tips given from this website to become a successful teacher. As I am continuing in my studies right now I find myself struggling in a few areas and I found this website helpful with videos to watch.  For example, my weak spot is mathematics. Going through the OER'S I found a resource that was very helpful, OER'S MATH. This link was helpful to me as well as to anyone else. It helped me to understand geometry better and how to correctly use a protractor. This is not the only OER on math, there are multiple others to explore.

Also, the website was very easy to access. There were many areas in which one can access to learn more about.  For instance, I was interested on learning more about how to become a successful teacher. The website offered a lot of helpful information such as how teachers make a difference. Teachers have a major impact on a students future. Check out this video, to explore more on how teachers make a difference, Teachers can make a difference .
The last interesting aspect that I found while exploring through the OER' S website was that it has so much to offer. I wanted to find more information on pigs, because I have an obsession for them and this website offered so much helpful information on pigs.  It helped educate me more on about pigs and having pigs as pets.

I know that as a future learner and future teacher I can refer back to the Open Educational Resources to insure that I am benefiting my students, as well as myself  to the fullest.  For me as a future teacher, I can refer back to resources such as, creative commons , open educational resources , and education . All of these resources help prepare teachers and educate them. This is a great website for anyone who is interested in strengthening their education.

No comments:

Post a Comment